Change of address. Remember to let companies know of your new change of address.
- Notify these utility services of your move (both at your old and new locations):
- BC Hydro
- Cell phone
- Cable/Satellite and internet
- Trash Collection
- Notify these professional services of your move:
- Doctor Dentist
- Financial Planner
- Health Insurance Provider
- Insurance Agent
- Notify these services/accounts of your move:
- Auto Finance Company
- Bank/Credit Union/Finance Companies
- Credit Card Companies
- Health Club
- Home care service providers (lawn, exterminator, snow removal etc.)
- Monthly memberships (Nexflix, book of the month, etc.)
- Store/Gas Charge Accounts
– Take your views with you when you move. When you move house, make sure you don’t lose your right to vote. Unless you inform them that you’ve moved, you may not be able to vote in future elections.
– Redirect Your Mail through your local Post Office. Contact the local post office to advise them of your move and to redirect your mail.
– Refrigerator. Defrost, empty, dry out and air your refrigerator.
– ICBC. If you have changed address, you must tell ICBC to update.